There is a simple shortcut that allows you to automatically enter a period and start a new sentence on your iOS device. All you need to do is double tap the space bar when you reach the end of a sentence. This will enter a period at the end of the sentence, put a space after the period and capitalize the first letter of the next word you type. If it doesn’t work for you, you will need to go to the Settings app to enable it. Go to Settings –> General –> Keyboard –> and flip the “.” Shortcut to On. That’s it!
Check out these other Quick Tips:
- Quick Tip: Hold down the backspace key on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch to begin deleting whole words
- Quick Tip: How to quickly access music controls, rotation lock, volume, and brightness on iPad (Mini), iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Quick Tip: Shake your iPhone/iPad to Undo
- Quick Photo Tip: Tap and hold on the screen for 3 seconds to lock focus (AF) and exposure (AE)
- Quick Tip: Pinch to zoom when using Camera App