This post will show you how to add, find, edit, or cancel calendar appointments using Siri on your iPhone, iPad (Mini), and iPod Touch. Siri is Apple’s intelligent assistant that ships on many of Apple’s newest iOS devices. Over time, Siri continues to get better and better at interpreting normal sentences and giving you the results you need. Using Siri is often much more efficient than tapping your way around your device, especially when it comes to things like Reminders, Calendar Appointments, Alarms, and checking the Weather.
Using Siri to add, find, edit, or cancel calendar appointments is quite easy. Here is how:
1. How to Add a Calendar Appointment using Siri
To add an appointment using Siri, first activate Siri by either pressing and holding the Home Button or by lifting your iPhone to your ear (this requires that the Raise to Speak setting is on). Once Siri is listening, add calendar appointments by using phrases like:
- Schedule an appointment with Joe Smith tomorrow at 9am – this will not only create an appointment on your calendar, but it will also automatically invite Joe Smith to that appointment as long as the person is in your contact list and has an active email address.
- Add Talk with my boss to my calendar for Monday at 3pm – this will create an appointment titled “Talk with my boss” and the appointment will be add for the upcoming Monday at 3pm.
- Set up a meeting with my wife for 8:30am tomorrow – this creates a meeting at 8:30am for the next day and will invite your spouse to the meeting (as long as you have told Siri who your spouse is – see this post to find out how to set up these relationships: How to set up and personalize Siri on your iPhone, iPad (Mini), and iPod Touch).
- Add a repeating event titled Talk to Siri at 9am every Friday – Siri will create an event with the title “Talk to Siri” that repeats every Friday at 9am. You can also create custom repeating events using Siri by saying, Add a repeating event titled Talk to Siri at 9am every other Friday.
2. How to Find a Calendar Appointment using Siri
You can also use Siri to search your calendar for specific upcoming appointments. In order to do this, say something like:
- Search for my meeting with Joe Smith – Siri will find all upcoming meetings with Joe Smith
- Find Talk to my boss meeting – Siri will find any meetings that contain the words “Talk to my boss”
You can also search for appointments within a certain time frame. To do this, say something like:
- What meetings do I have on July 4th – Siri will respond with all the meetings you have for that day
- What’s on my calendar for tomorrow at 9am – Siri will display the meeting you have at 9am for the next day.
3. How to Edit Appointments on your Calendar using Siri
Once you have located or created a calendar appointment using Siri, you can edit that appointment. You can also just ask Siri to change a certain appointment. You can change things like title, invitees, location, or time. Use phrases like this:
- Change my meeting with Joe Smith tomorrow from 9am to 10am – Siri will then locate and change the meeting you have with Joe Smith tomorrow at 9am and move it to 10am. Siri will also send Joe Smith a notice that the meeting has been changed (as long as Joe has been invited to the meeting).
- Change the time of my meeting with Joe Smith – Siri will locate the event and then ask you what time you want reschedule the meeting to.
- Change the location of my meeting with Joe Smith to from Baja Fresh to Chipotle
- Change the title of my 9am meeting tomorrow
- Add Joe Smith to my 9am meeting tomorrow – Siri will then add Joe Smith to the meeting by sending out an invitation to Joe.
4. How to Cancel Appointments on your Calendar using Siri
You can also use Siri to cancel appointments on your calendar. If the appointment is a repeating event, Siri will ask if you would like to change the one occurrence or all of the occurrences. You can cancel appointments using Siri by saying things like:
- Cancel my meeting tomorrow with Joe Smith – Siri will locate the meeting for the next day that is scheduled with Joe Smith and ask if you would like to cancel it. Once you confirm that you would like to cancel the event, Siri will send a notification to Joe Smith letting him know that the meeting has been cancelled.
- Delete my appointment tomorrow at 9am – Siri will bring up your 9am appointments and then ask you to tap the one to delete or cancel
As you can see, Siri has a ton of capabilities in working with your calendar appointments. I’m excited to see how Siri continues to improve with iOS 7 and the next generations of the iPhone, iPad (Mini), and iPod Touch. For exclusive tips on how to use Siri, check out the Siri facebook page at: Facebook.com/learnSiri