Flashlight Feature on iPhone – this article will explain how to adjust the brightness of the flashlight feature on the iPhone. Every iPhone that has a flash next to the rear camera has the flashlight feature. Since most people carry their iPhones with them all the time, this feature gives quick and easy access to a flashlight when needed.
Here is how to turn the flashlight on and off and how to adjust the brightness of the iPhone Flashlight:
How to Turn the iPhone Flashlight On and Off
- The iPhone flashlight can be turned on through Control Center. To activate Control Center, simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen (for iPhone 8 and earlier) or swipe down from the top right side of the iPhone X (10). Locate the icon that is shaped like a flashlight and tap it to turn it on.
- After the flashlight is on, you can lock the screen and use your iPhone flash as a flashlight. To turn off the flashlight, simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen (for iPhone 8 and earlier) or swipe down from the top right side of the iPhone X (10). Find the flashlight icon and tap it again to turn it off.
How to adjust the brightness of the iPhone Flashlight
- To adjust the brightness of the iPhone flashlight, follow step one above to locate the flashlight icon in Control Center. Once you find the flashlight icon, simply force touch (a firm press) on the icon and it will open to show the brightness adjuster.
- Once you have activated the flashlight brightness adjuster, simply tap any of the 4 levels of brightness to achieve the level you want. Obviously, a lower brightness level will give you longer battery life and a brighter level will drain the iPhone battery quicker.
That is how to turn the iPhone flashlight on and off and how to adjust the brightness of the iPhone flashlight. If you are looking for some additional features for your flashlight, there are dozens of flashlight apps on the App Store. Many of the flashlight apps give you a strobe light feature, and SOS flashing light feature, as well as a brightness dial. One flashlight app that I use even converts messages into morse code using the flashlight feature. Here are two free flashlight apps that I have used that offer these additional features.
- The first app is simply called “Flashlight“. It has a very easy to use interface with an on/off switch and a brightness dial. There is also a compass feature and a dial at the top of the screen that allows for adjustment of a steady light or a flashing light. There is also a morse code feature where you can type in a message and the app will convert the message into a flashing light morse code. Here is a link to this app in the App Store: Flashlight
- The second app is called iTorch Flashlight. This app is also very easy to use. The button in the middle turns the flashlight on and off. There is a dial at the top and the bottom of the on/off button that allows for brightness adjustment and strobe adjustment. A button on the side flashes an SOS light signal. This app is also free and can be downloaded from the App Store with this direct link: iTorch Flashlight